Facebook is making a major change to brand pages with the introduction of Timeline for Pages. The new layout is available immediately to all businesses with Pages on Facebook, but there is no need to rush in just yet. You have some time to preview and make edits to your Timeline to make sure you get it looking just right before you publish. Then on March 30, all brand pages will automatically be published as Timelines.
On its surface, Timeline is a new, more image-centered look. But one of the best features is that it allows you to backfill your Timeline with earlier events, so you can easily tell the story of your business online. It’s like a virtual online scrapbook for your business.
Five changes to look for:
- Your page will look very different. Your cover image will be front and center, like a billboard for your business. It’s a great place for promotions, or to tie in your website. If you don’t add one, you’ll just have a blank space, so take advantage of this new opportunity.
- Profile pictures dimensions will change to be smaller and perfectly square. Make sure yours looks great.
- You can “pin” a post to the top of the timeline which allows you to highlight a special event, a coupon or a contest.
- Custom landing pages will disappear and everyone will be directed to your wall. This may change the way you market your page.
- Your fans can contact you directly. Now people can contact you privately using messages rather than having to post on your wall. Notifications about new messages will appear right in your admin panel.
Join Beyond Indigo’s Social Media Specialist, Melanie Burger, for our customer-only webinar on Tuesday, March 20, 2012. You will learn the ins and outs of the new Timeline layout including all of these new features and many more. The transition to Timeline doesn’t have to be painful. Let us help you through it.
No time for your Timeline?
Let us do the work for you! For only $299, we’ll make sure your Timeline looks great. We’ll adjust your logos, create a great cover photo and make sure all of your tabs and custom features are in place for the switch. Already a customer? Bonus! We’ll do yours for $199. Contact Melissa Neff at email@example.com or 877-244-9322 x 100 for more information.